Woman In Pain Needs Some Help….
Posted: 20 September 2007 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1507
Joined  2007-01-16

My name is Tracy , I am 38 years old and on December 9,2007 it will be two years that I had surgery that has left me with chronic vaginal pain.

I went into the operating room to have a bladder lift and two hernias repaired. I was in severe pain since the day I came home. My Doctor kept telling me the vaginal pain was caused by a bladder condtion called Interstitial Cyctitis, which he claims was brought on and and aggravated by the December 9 surgery. Trusting the man I stay with him following the diet, taking all eleven pills he prescribed for me never seeing any improvement.The pain took over my life. I couldn’t attend things for my kids, no more mall trips with my best friend because I couldn’t stand for a long period of time. I couldn’t do laundry, vacuum or grocery shop because not only was I weak I could not lift because it made the pain even worse. In May of 2006 I changed doctors and began the long process of having the mesh removed from my body that&nbs;p; the first doctor used to do the first surgery. The pain was not from the IC at all. My body is severely allergic to the mesh and I stayed long enough trusting someone for this mesh to wrap itself tightly around my pelvic floor muscles, my urethra, as well as my colon and rectum.

I have had at least ten surgeries for mesh removal and still am left will vaginal pain,some days are much better than others[today was a bad one].I try real hard not to take pain for many reasons, I am afraid of building a tolerance and than not having them on my really bad days, they also make you feel so tired and confused.I am still a mom and haven’t been a great one in the past twenty months.I see my new doctor once a week for shots vaginally into my muscles sometimes good results sometimes not. I do think the power of positive thinking is a must and having a wonderful husband who has never ever complained about going to work all day and coming home and picking up my slack helps. I do n’t have to feel guilty about the days I don’t get things done because I was in pain.This has also taken a major financial strain on us, it is not cheap being ill.Which then in turn adds stress which then makes me in more pain, it’s a vicious circle.

So tomorrow I will wake up and hope for a good day if not , try to hang onto tomorrow will be better. I would be more than happy to talk with anyone that would like to talk. Either through email at
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Signature 

For Grace (http://www.forgrace.org)
A nonprofit organization passionately devoted “to ensuring the ethical and equal treatment of all women in pain.”